1. Select the Internet Information Service Manager within the Administrative Tools menu.
2. Select the web site (host) for which the certificate was made.
Right mouse-click and select Properties.
3. Select the Directory Security tab.
4. Select the Server Certificate option.
5. The Welcome to the Web Server Certificate Wizard windows opens.
6. Select Process the pending request and install the certificate.
7. Browse to the location of the new certificate file at the Process a Pending Request window. The file extension may be .txt or .crt instead of .cer (Hint: search for files of type “all files”)
8. After the correct certificate file is selected, click Next.
9. Select Port 443 for SSL. 443 is the default; other ports can be entered.
10. Verify the Certificate Summary to make sure all information is accurate.
11. Select Finish.
12. Select Web Site tab at the site’s Properties window to edit your SSL Port 443 settings for this web server. Click OK.
Test your certificate by connecting to your server. Use the https protocol directive (e.g. https://your server/) to indicate you wish to use secure HTTP. The padlock icon on your Web browser will be displayed in the locked position if you have set up your site properly.